Whether it’s hiking, snowshoeing, snow spike hiking the less you take with you on your tour the better. However there are a few things that you should bring with you to make your life easier. It is best that you bundle up and keep warm so that you can maximize your outdoor time having fun while on a sledding tour, snowshoe tour or winter hiking tour.
CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR
Lake Tahoe’s winter activity season is usually December until April depending on snowfall. The temperatures are unpredictable and can range anywhere from 5-30 degrees Fahrenheit!
- Warm layers – wool, fleece and down insulating layers work best
- Insulated jacket
- Raincoat, windbreaker, or water resistant shell
- Ski/snow pants or bibs
- Warm hat that covers your ears
- Warm gloves or mittens (e.g. ski gloves)
- Hiking socks or ski socks (wool socks are best)
- Hiking boots or sturdy shoes – ideally, your shoes should be waterproof or water resistant